Serving people from Vietnam since 1983 - Phục vụ người từ Việt Nam kể từ năm 1983


Photo Album



Get Involved


Local Communities


Useful Links




Partners and Sponsors









News & Events


Activities for older people

LinkAge Plus Centres

LinkAge Plus centres in Tower Hamlets offer residents a range of social and health related activities to maximise their wellbeing and make the most of life. 
Through outreach work the centres identify residents who may be socially isolated and not accessing any events or activities.
They may need housing or benefit advice, or may need information about health and social care. LinkAge Plus aims to empower individuals to take more control of their lives.

The LinkAge Plus centres are for everybody over the age of 50. You don’t need a referral, just drop in to your nearest centre.

Help for adults

Tower Hamlets provides a wide range of care, support and assistance to adults in need of these services and live in the borough.
The services we provide range from giving advice and information through to long-term residential care for the elderly, people with physical or learning disabilities or mental health problems.

Adult carers

The council provides advice and support for adult carers who care for the elderly, children with special needs and adults with physical or learning disabilities. 

Home care assessment

The home assessment scheme is designed to carry out an assessment to determine individual residents who may need help with daily living tasks. When deciding who receives help we use the ‘Fair Access to Care Services’ rules. All councils must use these rules so that everyone, no matter where they live, is treated in the same way.

Support for adults with HIV

The Tower Hamlets hospital social work team provides a confidential service, offering counselling and emotional support and financial and practical advice to any resident who has HIV or AIDS.

For more information

Social Care Team
Tel: 020 7364 5005

For older members of the community

We understand that older members of the community might want to think about moving to accommodation that meets their changing needs. We can provide advice to you and your family if you would like to discuss this.

There are a number of providers of older persons accommodation for elder members of the community. We can provide information about these providers and help you get in touch with them.

There are few organisations offer Shelter housing for Vietnamese and Chinese over 55.

In London please click here for New World Housing Association and here for Metropolitan Housing Trust.

Outside London please contact Abbeyfield Cambridgeshire Vietnamese Society here and ask for An Lac House.